The Phosphor 2 download includes 32/64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX for Windows 8 or greater, and as a 32/64-bit AU/VST/VST3/AAX for OSX (10.8 or greater).
Also available for iOS AUv3 and Standalone (separate purchase in App Store.)Listen to the album "Phosphor 2 Demos" by Audio Damage.
Phosphor is an unique instrument plugin modeled on the alphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth from the early 80s. The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple //e to operate, but we've gone ahead and eliminated the middle-man, and now you can have this classic digital synth in your DAW of choice.
Featuring two additive oscillators (with the original 16 partial complement of the alphaSyntauri, or optionally with 32 or 64 partials), each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features such as full velocity control, a much more extensive modulation routing system, tempo synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri "low-resolution" modes, or can be run in modern high-resolutions. Phosphor can accurately model the original sounds of the alphaSyntauri, yet still provide new paths for sonic exploration.
Manual (PDF, 460kb)
• Two complete oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.
• Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the gritty digital voicing of original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.
• The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise per the original, or modern white noise.
• Two complete delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.
• Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.
• A large complement of presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor, including some famous alphaSyntauri presets directly ported from the original.
The Axon 2 download includes 32/64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX for Windows 8 or greater, and as a 32/64-bit AU/VST/VST3/AAX for OSX (10.8 or greater). Also available for iOS AUv3 and Standalone in the...
One day not long ago, we were speaking with the music department head of a local college; he lamented the fact that there really wasn't a commercial-quality low-cost three oscillator...